Screen recording is a big deal and in 2017, was one of the most searched keywords in New Zealand so we decided to create this guide on how to screen record on your apple device such as mac or iOS.
There’s probably a few reasons why you’d want to record your screen. Maybe you’re creating a training video for a work colleague or you want to share a tutorial on Youtube. Maybe you want to record an online submission or a game you’re playing.
Whatever your intentions are, you can record your screen with our Ki-Wi guide.
How To Screen Record
Fortunately you can now record the screen on a wide range of devices including iOS smartphones and tablets as well as most Mac’s.
How To Screen Record iOS
The first thing you need to check is that you’re using iOS 11 or higher. If you’ve got an older generation that can’t upgrade to 11 then you’ll need to explore the app store for third party tools.
- Add Screen Recording to Control Center. Go to Settings > Control Center > Customize Controls, then tap plus next to Screen Recording.
- Open Control Center.
- Tap grey icon, then wait for the three-second countdown. To capture sound while you record, press deeply on grey icon and tap Microphone Audio.
- To stop recording, open Control Center and tap red icon. Or tap the red status bar at the top of your screen and tap Stop.
You can find your screen recording in the Photos app.
How To Screen Record Mac
On a mac you can screen record without the need to purchase additional software and you can get Quicktime in the app store if it’s not already installed on your device already.
- Open Quicktime
- Go to File
- New Screen Recording
- Press the “Record” button
- Click the screen to record the entire area or click-and-drag around the area you want to record
- You can record your computer’s microphone audio
- You can also download plugins like Soundflower
- This will allow you to record your computer’s audio as well
- You’ll need to switch your Sound Output settings and select the right audio setting in Quicktime
- When finished, press the “Stop” button on the taskbar
- Make sure you save your file!
There you have it, how to record on iOS and Mac without any additional software or purchasing any additional products, downloading and installing them.